Monday, September 17, 2007

Suzanna is our new Toothless Wonder

Suzanna is our new toothless wonder as you can see! I took some quick snapshots of her Sunday just being Suzanna Banana to remember her with out her teeth! ( Yes, we have had lots of dental work done I know and more to await us due to the asthma meds and preemie issues of not enough enamel on our teeth). Suzanna is so cautious and careful when she has a loose tooth waiting for it to literally fall out of her mouth. No pulling what so ever. This last front tooth was lost eating pizza Saturday. Suzanna's approach to loose teeth is bi polar opposite of her twin, Blaine . He immediately finds a loose tooth and by the end of that very day he will have it out and waiting for the Tooth Fairy. One of our favorite Blaine stories (we have oodles!) is one Monday he lost his first front tooth and then that Tuesday he lost his second. Realizing the third night the tooth fairy would not visit and he didn't have a tooth that would even wiggle for him to yank out , he ran to get his shark tooth necklace. He pried and pried the shark tooth from the clasp using his father's Leathermen and placed the prized shark tooth under his pillow. When I asked him what he was doing he said , ' Mom, a tooth is a tooth and the fairy will just know I have a tooth under my pillow!" He was ready for more cash and had thought of the perfect plan to trick the Tooth Fairy. Too bad for him the Tooth Fairy can not be tricked! He is always thinking and planning something for sure. My prayer is that I can always stay one step ahead of Mr. Blaine's imagination!
In the slide show you will also see Suzanna's new sweet kitten that she has named Angel. Angel has already made friends with our Katrina rescue dog Cowboy! I love that Cowboy! The great thing about Angel is she has a front foot that is missing two toes! When I finally have time to blog all my rescue stories you will see how having a cat with a handicap fits right into all the other rescue animals in the Borchgardt Bunch! Really, Clementine is the one functional one in the bunch. She has a great rescue story of her own though about a 6 week adventure, I will have to share when I have more time as well. Enjoy the toothless photos!

1 comment:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Sara, you can tell Suzanna that I am a toothless wonder, too, but today I had surgery to hopefully get a new tooth soon. Tell her at least she's got a new one to grow back in it's spot! Great pics, by the way. ALthough, I must say my favorite is the ones of Blaine with his guitar...something about a singin' cowboy always gets me!