Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Saturday Afternoon and more

This Saturday was just Blaine and I as Suzanna and Doyle had gone camping with the Indian Princesses. Having Blaine time was wonderful as I always find myself with Suzanna doing the girl thing, so to have time with just Blaine was unusual. We headed to the park where Blaine found a group of neighborhood children gathered their playing football. Of course, Blaine joined in the fun. As I watched him boldly jump in the game, I saw the fun of living in a neighborhood where kids are not to far as it did really feel like we were part of a community. Blaine recognized some from school or from previous years at our neighborhood school. I captured several movies of Blaine in action you can watch.
Spiritually this past week, God has taught me a great deal about complete reliance on Him and allowing him to go before us. It was a great lesson on realizing where our help really does come from! This world will always, always, always fail us, but he is the one who will never leave us and forsake us. What a mighty God we serve. Sometimes though you must take a stand for what God puts on your heart which causes you to look different and of course with that comes some form of persecution ......although nothing like many experience. It was so wonderful to see God work in each of those situations this week. A friend commented to me, ' Sara, you lost the battle but you won the war!' that is just what Jesus did. It would appear to many he lost the battle, but in the end he won the war which was our gift of salvation. I am not comparing myself to Jesus at ALL , but many times we are called to be the face of Jesus regardless the cost. What I learned is God shows up on our behalf and amazes us after we have suffered or been persecuted!
Blaine is doing better and better each day as a Second Grader with reading and writing. I am so grateful for that! It is hard to believe that we are to November!!!!!!

Enjoy the neighborhood football game clips.....

No comments: