January flew by in a whirlwind of after Christmas excitment, back to the routines of school and into the new year of 2008! With the beginning of each year also comes the celebration of the duos birthdays! This year they turned 8!!!! 8 years! When Blaine and Suzanna were younger everyone told me, " Enjoy it! They grow so fast!" " Don't blink! They will be grown before you know it!" I thought then that I would stay immersed in bottles, diapers, sippe cups, naps, Barney and Bob the Builder for ever! Oh how now I wish I just could have frozen them then and cherished them...really savored every moment of their baby talk and learning to walk and playing with Fischer Price Little People and lazy days that stretched for ever at the park or pool with no where to go or be...just us! I love 8 though. I love each season we are in, but with it we say good bye to another season. Cherish those seasons! Cherish them!
Blaine and Suzanna are the light in my life! They are the wind beneath my wings and they are so much of who I am now as each day we embark together on a new journey in this big wide world to find what it holds! Blaine encountered his first school bully this week and I mean BULLY! We learned a new cuss word from the bully and we also learned what real friends do when someone is being hurtful as one of Blaine's friend jumped between him and the bully to protect Blaine. That is what a friend does...jumps in front of you when you can not jump for yourself. It was a precious story. I realized though bullies today are not like the bullies I recall. As this bully had profanity I had not even heard and had an agenda to harm in a way I am sure I never experienced. On the bus she told the students closest to her she would bring a knife to school and stab me, Blaine's mother. I am sure that this was just a threat.... something she had seen on tv but still pretty vivid, pretty scary and pretty real to a just turned 8 year old. So this is where we send our kiddos off to school to see and learn how to deal with the real world??? Is this the real world????? Do I deal with this today as an adult? Wow...how scary if it is the real world. Right???? Teach them well I keep hearing ringing in my ears. Teach them well. They know Jesus! What a journey we have been on just this week.
Here are my angels....Now and then some from then =)!








No comments:
Post a Comment